Wednesday, March 21, 2018

RECIPE WEDNESDAY - BBQ Wings

 I LOVE Honey BBQ Wings! They make a great snack.

I was buying these from Dollar General. But at $4 a box, I knew making them myself was going to be the better way to go.


I purchased a #4 bag of chicken drummies from Walmart. I thawed them out, patted them dry then rolled them in a homemade dry rub of:

Smokehouse Chicken BBQ dry rub from REICHERT Spice Company. 
SEITZ BBQ Seasoning - Bubba's Cajun Rub (I bought this from a school fundraiser)
Seasoning Salt
Garlic Powder


After tossing them in the bowl, I placed them on a baking sheet and covered them with foil. I baked them at 350* for about 15 minutes.

When I removed them from the oven, I tossed each one in a mixture of:
Kraft Regular BBQ sauce
Kraft Honey BBQ sauce

I returned them to the oven uncovered and baked for 10 minutes at 400*
Removed from oven, re-dipped then repeated the baking another 10 minutes
Removed and dipped a final time and baked for 5 min.

These came out saucy/ sticky and yummy!


I packaged them in the foodsaver bags in portions of 6. I sometimes don't know why I bother with vacuuming. I usually eat them faster than they can freezer burn. I guess I'm hopeful. 

These make a great snack in the evening with your favorite television show. Just make sure you don't have to use the remote, don't answer your phone/ text and avoid your computer keyboard. Just chill a few minutes and enjoy the flavor.

What's your snack of choice?
Enjoy the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment