Wednesday, March 14, 2018

RECIPE WEDNESDAY- Ree's French Toast Sticks




This week we are back in Ree Drummond's kitchen for her French Toast Sticks. When I saw that her recipe called for rolling the dipped pieces of bread into crushed Capt'n Crunch Cereal, I knew we were in business.

Last fall I found Cinnamon Roll Capt'n Crunch at our local Dollar General.


Bob loves Capt'n Crunch and Cinnamon Rolls so I knew this was something I needed to stock up on. I bought several boxes and vacuum sealed them in wide mouth quart jars for longevity storage. So I popped open a jar for this recipe.


Ree's recipe calls for mixing the crushed cereal with Panko Bread Crumbs. I bought Texas Toasting Bread specifically for this breakfast fit for a tug boat Captain.

I mixed the egg-dip the way I always have - milk, eggs, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla. While this might seem like too much sugar, I believe you need the layers of flavor. 


While this was supposed to be a coated cookie rack I recommend spraying with a non-stick spray. I did line the cookie sheet with parchment for easy clean-up.


Breakfast is served. These were quite tasty, though a bit sweet (duh!) LOL What we didn't eat, I froze in packages of 4 in the vacuum sealed bags for future quick breakfasts.






No comments:

Post a Comment